Hello to all you loyal followers. Today I would like to take sometime from my busy schedule to recognize true American heroes, our troops.
Just recently I got news of a friend of mine who was critically injured by a roadside bomb in Iraq and thought it would be a good time to write about my appreciation for anyone who is serving in our armed forces. My friend is doing fine and is recovering in a hospital in Germany.
Many people in today's society idolize people such as athletes, movie stars, and music artists but I feel that the real heroes out there are the brave men and women who have taken the call to serve our great nation. On a daily basis they risk their lives so we can be safe and free. Now I know everyone does not agree with the current war in the Middle East but one thing we should not forget are the Americans fighting for our freedom. I have the utmost respect for anyone who is willing to put their life on hold in order to keep me free and safe from anyone trying to harm our great country. Today I would like you all to just take a second and if you see or know anyone who is enlisted in any of our branches of military and thank them for what they do for you. If you don't run into or know a service man or woman then thank thank their family because what they go through cannot be easy. I would like to say thank you to anyone who is currently or in the past served our country and for making me proud to be an American.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're absolutely right, Prez B. Hope your friend continues to heal and that everyone comes home safe as soon as possible.
ReplyDeleteYay for the troops! My buddies are all in the Marines, and they are pretty much the toughest people I know. I'm right there with you though, major respect.
ReplyDeleteI do believe that the troops are a very important part of our society. And I like you have a very high appreciation for what they do for us and what they stand for.
ReplyDeleteA lot of my friends I graduated with in in high school went into the service. Some are still over there kicking ass. I can't wait for them to come home safely. That was a very patriotic post Mr. President, considering you put them there anyway, haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks to the troops because they are really true heroes. They Fight for us so we can have securitiy within the united states and other countries.They are bold,supportive and most of all brave. it take a really great person to joined the army. My condolences goes to you, your friend and his family.
ReplyDeleteUpdates? Don't leave us.
ReplyDelete